Tuesday 9 December 2014

Nars Vs Maybelline Lip Pencils

I have been waiting to do this post for a while now purely until I had more shades. I picked up my first Nars Satin Lip Pencil in the shade Biscayne Park, this is the swatch at the bottom, a few months ago now and I fell in love with it, it was so easy to apply as the pencil was sharp enough to act as a lip liner as well. The formula was creamy and comfortable on the lips but lasted a really long time. The next one I picked up was yet again another Nars one this time in a bright fushia pink shade as I knew how long lasting these where I wanted to pick up a shade more for evenings and going out to avoid the whole nipping to the loo to touch up situation! 

I loved these Nars lip pencils and I would have continued to carry on picking up a new shade every time I went into Space NK that is until my purse breathed a sigh of relief when Maybelline brought out a dupe in the form of  their Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils. These are incredible I cant explain how similar they are to the Nars ones in consistency, in lasting power, in pigmentation maybe the shade range isn't as good as Nars but give them time! 

I have already picked up 3 shades, Nude Perfection (top swatch), Minimalist (2nd swatch) and Keep it Classy (4th swatch). They are all beautiful shades and if I gave you all 5 together I don't think anyone could pick out the 2 high end ones, well I certainly couldn't anyway! I will definitely be picking up the rest of the Maybelline shades and keeping my fingers crossed that my local Boots get more shades so I can add to my collection!

Nars Satin Lip Pencil £18 each
Maybelline Intense Velvet Lip Pencil £4.99 but they are on 3 for 2 in Boots

Let me know what you think and thanks for reading 
Laura 
    X


No comments:

Post a Comment